- Burn shells and immerse its
ash in the river the same day.
- If Mercury is afflicting in its position. Immersing a pierced coin of copper or a holed coin in the river brings auspicious effect.
Donation of whole
moong is excellent.
- Emerald should be adorned. Mother Durgaji is the lord of Mercury. Whenever Mercury confers ill effect, Durga Saptshati should be chanted or should be arranged to be chanted.
goddess Durga. Observe fast during Navratri. The piercing of nose in particular is beneficial for those whose Mercury is conferring ill effect.
- Teeth should be cleaned with alum.
- Worship and service of maidens is also beneficial.
- If disease is bothering due to Mercury's ill effect, bland pumpkin, which is used to make sweets by chef, should be donated at a religious place.
If Mercury is conferring ill effect,
sitting in ascendant, its ill effect will fall on Mars, which is lord of Aries, the natural sign of "ascendant, and not on the Sun, which is significator planet of first house. Hence
donation of the objects of Mars will be beneficial. Goat is also donated to put away the anger of Mercury.
- The symptom of the ill effect of Mercury, when it is in the seventh house, is that sister and aunt (bua) will suffer massively.