Properly used colours play an important role in health and can contribute to stable mental and physical health and alleviate human suffering.
Exposing the body to coloured light is also said to act as a support in healing. Colour therapy texts tell us that green light can alleviate heart problems and cancer, blue can treat
painful ulcers, inflammatory disorders and back problems. Red is good for skin problems, bladder infections and anemia while orange works on allergies and constipation.
stimulates the brain wave activity, increases heart rate, respiration and blood pressure, and can also assist in burning fat and reducing weight.
• Shades and hues of red can be used when a person is suffering from blood ailments, anaemia, bodily weakness, colds, circulatory deficiencies, paralysis, baldness etc.
• Orange is said to stimulate the nervous system and increase your appetite. It energizes the digestive system and stimulates desire for food and is good for chronic asthma,
phlegmatic fevers, inflammation of kidneys, epilepsy, cholera etc.
• Pink, which can be considered as a hue of red, is an appetite suppressant, relaxes muscles, relieves tension and soothes and calms frayed tempers!
• Shades and hues of blue can be used for throat troubles, laryngitis, goiter, typhoid and other fevers, jaundice, sore throat, small pox and related ailments, hysteria, insomnia
or sleeplessness, lowering blood pressure, itches, painful menstruation, underweight problems etc.
• Green is good for alleviating problems related to heart, ulcers, headaches, flu, blood pressure, is soothing, relaxing mentally as well as physically, helps those suffering from
depression, anxiety, nervousness etc.
• Yellow light alleviates muscle cramps, gallstones, stomach problems, digestive disorders, constipation, stress and nervous disorders, relieves depression, improves memory,
stimulates appetite etc.
• Indigo (dark blue) is recommended for eye troubles, facial paralysis, lung disorders, pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma, ear and nose complaints, deafness, infantile convulsions etc.
• Violet and its hues are good for ailments related to mind, diseases of the scalp, rheumatic and similar pains, and kidney and bladder weaknesses, suppresses appetite, provides a
peaceful environment, good for migraines etc.
Colours have the strength to either depress or exhilarate and play a very important role in health and happiness.