Pristhiya (Meru) Shri Yantra" is one of the oldest,
rare and precious Yantra created by 'Aadi Guru Dattatreya' for
the welfare common man. Perhaps, the thought of conceiving yantras
for the benefit of mankind was formed during the Vedic age when
metal came into being. Literally, "Koorm Prishthiya Meru
Shree Yantra" means Shree Yantras which is mounted at the
back of tortoise upwards. It is also believed that the tortoise
lifted weight of the earth over its back.
In relation to Lord Kachehap avtar (incarnation of Lord Vinshnu)
it is also believed that the whole energy and substance of this
living world or earth is created around Meru Prishth (back of
tortoise) which has the elements like water, earth along with
Meru Shree Yantra
designed over the back of Koorm or tortoise has eight petals
as in the case of the original Shree Yantra where the flower
Lotus or Kamal has eight groups with sixty four Lotus dal. It
is also seen that most of the designs of Yantras are based on
the growing Lotus flower.
Here the question arises as to why Guru Dattatreya chose only
the Lotus flower as the base of Yantras. The reason is, Lotus
is the only holy flower which originate from the navel (Nabhi)
of Lord Vishnu. Where the God of knowledge and creator of Veda
i.e 'Lord Brahma' is also believed to be seated. Guru Dattatreya
is said to be the representative of the United Trinity' i.e.
Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord Mahesha. Therefore, the force
which pushes man to worship the Yantras lies in the strong belief
that these Yantras are created by this "Trinity themselves
who are the creator, preserver and destroyer of the world respectively,
who also control the Sun, the Moon, Planets and hence, the whole
Meru Yantra, like Shri Yantras, has Bindu(Point), Trikona (Tringle),
Ashtakona, Samghar Chakra (destroying wheel), Sthithi Chakra
(Preserving wheel), Chaturdahkona, Ashtdal Kamal (Group of Eight
Lotus), Shodash dal Kamal(Group of 16 Lotus), Teen Vrit (Three
Crcles), Bhupur (first square), Sampoorna Srishti Chakra (whole
system of uiverse and surrounded by Ridhi-Sidhi(prosperity and
fame) gates in four directions of Yantra.
Shree Yantra is being worshiped in the Indian temples since
Vedic age. The gist of Vedic Vastu and Science also lies in
' Shree Yantra'. As without the Alphabets of any language we
can not write anything meaningful or writing totally depends
upon the alphabets, similarly, on the basis of Shri Yantra only,
Lord Brahma has created this lively world. So to attain and
achieve the material substance of the Universe one (worshiper)
has to recite Mantras as :-
It is also believed that the 'Koorma Prishthiya
Shree Yantra' was vividly used by the learned Brahmin community
of coastal area in Rames-hwaram, Kerla in Seventh or Eighth
Century. The Shree Yantra designed on the mount over the back
of a tortoise looks similar to the dome of any temple which
is slightly mounted. It also depicts one of the fundamental
of "Vastu Kala" which says that any residential house,
palace or temple must be mounted at the centre to the top, so
that the personresiding in it should get more and more energy
radiation & solar reflections from the cosmic universe or
Brahmanda to be more healthy, wealthy and wise.
The Koorm Prishthiya Shri Yantra is worshiped similarly as Shri
Yantra has another importance. This Yantra is explained as the
tortoise in itself is a very powerful and protected living being
and can live in water and land simultaneously, but does not
harm any body and is anon-violent creature. Natural has protected
the delicacy of tortoise by providing it with a strong cover
or jacket which is harmproof and protects him in the ups and
downs of life.
Now a day, this Yantra is Mounted in ASHTA-DHATU. It can be
had in different sizes as Small, Medium and Large. It can be
placed either at thefoundation of a house, temple or at the
strongroom, locker and cashbox etc.
In all, it is a rare, spiritual antique which helps to lessen
the ill fortune and rotten fate.
OTHER SHREE YANTRAS AVAILABLE
Sizes in gold
Sizes in Silver
USD:32.95 size:6" X 6"
USD:64.35 size:8" X 8"
How and Where to Place Koorm Prishtiye Meru Shree Yantra in your Home/Ofice
1. It can be placed in home temple or your almirah. It can also be placed in your office drawer.
2. It should be placed with respect and place it where you can see it daily.
3. The person who is to perform puja on Koorm Prishtiye Meru Shree Yantra should take a bath early on Monday morning, should wear clean clothes and sit on a Aasan and keep with him Pooja Samagri, GangaJal and the Koorm Prishtiye Meru Shree Yantra, which should be kept on a wooden piece before him.
4. One should keep hankercheif, towel etc on the head and apply Tilak on his forehead with Chandan or Sindoor.
5. Pooja be started with three Achamans reciting each time:- "Om Keshvaya Namah", "Om Madhvaya Namah", "Om Narayanaay Namah”.
6. Pay respect to Lord Shiva, Ganesha, Vishnu and to one's preceptor. Then do Sankalp i.e. utter in one's mind the purpose for which
the Koorm Prishtiye Meru Shree yantra is being placed.
7. Now sprinkal Panchamrit and GangaJal on Koorm Prishtiye Meru Shree Yantra. Dry with clean cloth; worship it with Tilak, rice and Dhoop. For Yantra Pendants, put a thread or gold / silver chain and wear it around neck .
8. Recite specific mantra for the Koorm Prishtiye Meru Shree Yantra 108 time.
9. Daily receite the Mantra only and you do not have to repeat the procedure daily.