Number of childrens
1) Add longitudes of Jupiter, Moon and Sun. Find out the rasis thesum represents. Find its navamsa. The number of navamsa represents the number of children, e.g. suppose the
sum represents 14°.37' in a rasis (devoid of rasis). It represents 4 complete navamsas. Number of children is 4.
2) Add longitudes of lords of 4, 5 and 9 and find resultant rasis and navamsa as above. The number of completed navamsas indicate the number of children.
3) The number of children will be equal to navamsas passed by 5th lord in a rasi.
4) \ The number of male planets aspecting the 5th house shows the number of male issues, while the number of aspects of female planets decides the females.
5) The number of children is indicated by the number of planets posited in the 5th house or those associated with the lord of the 5th. These planets should not have debilitation
or combustion or positions in inimical signs or navamsas.
6) In ashtakavarga of Jupiter, the number of points falling in the 5th reckoned from Jupiter indicates the number of children. The points of planets in combustion, debilitation
and in inimical positions are not to be taken into account. The points contributed by planets in exaltation and retrogression may be multiplied by three and the points of planets
in their own sign, navamsa and drekkana and vargottama be doubled. These numbers indicate children. The points of male planets show the male issues while those of female planets
indicate number of girls.
7) Taurus, Leo, Virgo and Scorpio falling as the ascendant, the Moon-sign or the 5th house show that the native may get only a very few issues.
8) Cancer as the 5th house with Mercury indicates a limited number of children.