Period of getting children
1) Nearness of the lord of the 5th house to the lagnesh or the 5th house shows gain of issues early after marriage. More the distance between these points, more is the late stage
of birth of children.
2) Position of the lord of the 5th house in the 1st, 4th, 7th or the 10th indicates birth of children during the early middle age; in the 2nd, 5th, 8th or the 11 th house during
the middle age and in the 3rd, 6th, 9th or the 12th - house during the close of middle age.
3) Children may be expected during the das a and antradasa of:
(a) the lord of the ascendant;
(b) Lord of 5th house;
(c) Lord of 7th house;
(d) Lords of the signs occupied by Jupiter;
(e) the 5th lord;
(g) the navamsa lords of (e) and (f); and,
(h) the planets aspecting the 5th house. The dasa or antradasa of the strongest planet pin-point
4) Child-birth takes place when gochara Jupiter enters:
(a) the sign occupied by the 5th lord;
(b) the navamsa;
(c) trikona sign of the 5th lord;
(d) the sign occupied by the
lord of the 5th house from the Moon;
(e) his navamsa sign;
(f) the trikona signs from the lords of the 5th house from the Moon;
(g) sign where Jupiter is posited;
(h) Navamsa sign of Jupiter ;
(i) trikona sign reckoned from Jupiter. Of these positions, the sign which gets the highest number of points in the ashtakavarga of Jupiter
gives definite results.
5) When in gochara, lagnesh, the 5th and the 7th lords conjoin in a sign, birth of a child takes place.
6) When in gochara Jupiter or lagnesh, or lord of the 5th house or the Moon-sigrTerrters 5th house or sign occupied by lord of the 5th or the 9th, a child is born.