The 3rd house denotes inland journey, the 7th house indicates alien land, and 9th house indicates foreign journeys. The 12th house shows complete
change in environments and is so connected with journeys abroad or foreign residence. 8th house being ninth from 12th also indicates residence
abroad. Saturn and Rahu are karakas of foreign travels. Majority of planets in movable signs indicate foreign travels.
Some combinations of foreign travel
1. Sun in lagna-;
2. Moon in 11th or 12th;
3. Mercury in 8th;
4. Venus in 8th,6th or 7th;
5. Saturn in 12th;
6. Rahu in 1st or 7th or 12th;
7. Lagnesh in 12th;
8. 6th lord in 12th;
9. 10th lord and lord of navamsa occupied by 10th lord, both in movable signs;
10. Lagnesh in 7th in a moveable sign;
11.10th house and its lord in movable signs;
12. 10th lord in 9th in a movable sign;
13. Both the lagna lord and the dispositor of Moon are posited in movable signs;
14. 7th lord in 9th;
15. Jupiter in 4th, 6th, 8th or 12th;
16. Exchange between 1st and 9th lords;
17. Exchange between 12th and 9th lords;
18. Lords of 9th and 12th in movable signs;
19. 8th lord aspecting 12th or 12th lord;
20. 12th lord in 9th;
21. 12th lord in 4th gives education abroad.
For determining foreign travels, we should judge;
(1)12th house and its lord;
(2) 9th and 12th houses from the chandra lagna.
(3) 12th from the lord of 1st or the 9th house;
(4) the 9th house and its lord;
Foreign journeys are likely to take place if:
(1) The 12th and 9th house have movable signs or if their lords are in movable signs;
(2) Kethu is in 9th or 12th coinciding with watery signs;
(3) The Moon is in movable sign or well connected with the 9th or 12th house;
(4) 8th lord aspecting 12th house or 12th lord;
(5) The lord of lagna is friendly with lords of the 9th and the 12th;
(6) The lord of the 9th occupies lagna and lord of lagna occupies the 9th;
(7) Both lagna and its lord are in movable signs and aspected by a planet occupying a movable sign;
(8) The 12th house or its lord is aspected by ayogakaraka planet or a benefic from its moolatrikona or exaltation sign;
(9) The lord of the 12th is exalted or in its moolatrikona with an auspicious planet;
(10) The lord of the 12th conjuncts evil planets and is aspected by evil ones.
(It indicates heavy expenses on journeys or in foreign lands);
(11) The lord of lagna is posited in the 9th from the 12th bhava.
(12) The lord of the 9th aspects 12th house and the lord of the 12th or the 9th are placed in a movable sign;
(13) The lord of the 12th aspects the 9th house and the lord of the 12th or the 9th are strong in a movable sign;
(14) The lord of the 12th is in the 9th from the 12th house, and in a movable sign;
(15) The lord of lagna and the 4th are posited in the 12th house. (Settlement abroad);
(16) The lord of the 12th in the 12th and lords of the 9th and the 1st are in angles;
(17) The lord of the 9th or the 12th is placed with Rahu or Kethu in a movable sign;
(18) Rahu is in the 4th, the 9th or the 12th from the 12th house;
(19) The 9th and 12th houses are in movable signs and their lords are well placed in a trikona or kendra or in movable navamsa;
(20) The lords of the 1 st, the 9th or the 12th are in watery or airy signs.
(21) 10th lord has sambandha with 3rd and 12th houses or their lords. Such combination indicates connections professionally;
(22) 7th lord has sambandha with 12th house relating to movable and common signs;
(23) 4th lord in strength in 12th getting aspect of Saturn or Rahu.
Note:Generally, if two or more combinations are present in a horoscope, and its lagna or the luth, the 9th and the 12th are quite strong; they show indications for foreign travel.
Probable periods of foreign travel
Foreign travel- Favourable and Unfavourable