Feng Shui Tips
Feng Shui Tips on Career:
It is inevitable that everyone has to earn his/her own living, unless of course one has been left a fortune of millions or billions. Everyone wishes for a good and stable career. However things can go very wrong (as they do sometimes) when we least expect them to. Feng Shui has some remedies for enhancing career luck and to keep it that way.
1) Find out your Kua number and your 4 best directions. Locate your 'Sheng Chi' direction and sleep with your head pointed in this direction.
2) If your career is going nowhere, changing the position of your main door to face your personal 'Sheng Chi' direction might be of help. Stand inside your house at the door looking out to determine the directions.
3) If you have your own office, place your desk accordingly so that it faces your 'Sheng Chi' direction.
4) Do not sit with your back to a window or a door. These features give you no 'support' for your back and you might be backstabbed or double-crossed by colleagues. Look out for any poison arrows directed at your back, caused by open shelves or sharp edges.
5) Find a painting of mountains (without any water feature such as lakes or oceans) and place it behind your working table.
6) If possible keep some terrapins in your office. Place potted plants to camouflage offending pillars that send out poison arrows. However be sure to take good care of the plants so that it does not wither and die. Crystals also make good remedies for such problems.
7) According to the 8 Life Aspirations, North represents career. The element of North is water and the color is blue. In the North section of your home or office, place a metal wind chime. But remember not to place anything that represents the Earth or Wood element in this section.
8) Be aware of your bedroom. We spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping so it is important to note the features in our bedroom. Watch out for features that cause dangerous 'shar qi' (killing breath) that may affect your well-being. Top of page
Feng Tips on Education:
Education is a lifelong pursuit. We never stop learning and growing even when we leave our school days far behind. As Helen Keller said, "Knowledge is love and light and vision." Feng Shui can help transform average but hard working students into high achievers. Full potentials can be met and hidden abilities discovered. Below are some Feng Shui points designed to aid students (and working adults) academically.
1) Find out your Kua number and your 4 best directions. For example, if you have the Kua number 3, your 'Sheng Chi' direction is. Sleep with your head pointed in your 'Sheng Chi' direction.
2) Change your child's sleeping position so that his/her head points to his 'Tien Yi' direction. Position your child's table so that he faces his 'Tien Yi' direction while studying.
3) Beware of 'shar qi' (killing breath) directed at you or your child in the bedroom. Poison arrows triggered off by protruding corners and sharp edges cause 'Shar qi'. This will cause illnesses and uneasiness and leads to distraction in a whole. Soften the effect of poison arrows by placing soft material and crystals.
4) Do not let your child sleep or study in a room located above a garage or below a toilet. This will cause his mind to wander and distract his studies.
5) According to the 8 Life Aspirations, education and knowledge is located in the Northeast section. The element of Northeast is Earth and the color is beige. In this section of your house display some symbols representing the Earth element, such as pottery, porcelain and clay items.
6) If the Northeast section is missing from your home, you can apply the above step to your own or your child's bedroom as well. Quartz crystals are strong attractors of the Earth element, so place some on a decorative table in the corner as well.
7) Hard work and patience never hurt anybody. Be diligent in your studies or work and you will achieve something in no time at all. Top of page
Feng Tips on Love
Love is an emotion all of us have experienced one time of the other. Countless of songs, movies, poetry and art are dedicated to this powerful emotion. Many heroes and kingdoms rose and fell in the name of love. Here are some Feng Shui guides to activate your romance luck and to enhance your relationship.
1) If you are single or looking to improve your relationship, sleep with your head pointed in your Nien-Yin (Relationships) direction according to your Kua number.
2) Avoid sleeping facing the door as the 'shar qi' (killing breath) will be very strong and will cause problems in your relationship.
3) Strengthen the Southwest section of your home. According to the Feng Shui thought of Eight Life Aspirations, the Southwest section governs romance and marriage happiness. The element of Southwest is Earth. Activate that section with a pleasant decoration of small rocks or anything made from terra cotta or clay. Alternately, hang a picture of a mountain minus any water feature.
4) Watch out for any poison arrows brought by the edges of pillars of furniture in your bedroom. These poison arrows bring harmful 'shar qi' and will affect you, therefore affecting your relationship as well. Cover the offending edges with a soft cloth or a potted plant.
5) If you are single and looking for love - hang a painting of peonies, the Chinese flower of love in your house or bedroom. Also, balance the Yin and Yang in your house. If you are male, display items or photos that represent the presence of females/Yin. If you are female, some images or displays that shows male masculine will be beneficial. Top of page
Feng Tips on Wealth
To be materially well-off is a much sought-after dream. Indeed, good wealth luck is what motivated many people to search for means and ways to increase their fortunes. There are ways in the art of Feng Shui that helps you to attract good 'chi' to enhance your wealth luck. Here's how.
1) If you wish to enhance your material wealth luck, sleep with your head pointed at your 'sheng chi' direction. You can find out the direction using your Kua number. Sleeping in this position ensures general good luck and well being of the person.
2) The kitchen stove, also known as the 'fire mouth' should be properly positioned as it is an important factor in Feng Shui.
3) The main door also plays a vital role in Feng Shui. If wealth luck has been less than desirable lately, check if there is any offending man-made structure that is sending out harmful poison arrows towards your main door.
4) According to the 8 Life Aspirations, wealth and prosperity are governed by Southeast. The element of Southeast is Wood and the color is green. Wood is produced by Water and is destroyed by Metal. Avoid having any major Metal or Fire element in this section of your home/office.
5) If you are wondering why many offices and homes have large aquariums with beautiful fishes, here's the answer : Water. A little bit of water feature in the Southeast section helps the growth of the natural Wood element. However, do not overdo it. A nice aquarium or pond with some fish will enhance the look and feel of your household. Balance is vital.
6) Colors are also beneficial in attracting good 'chi'. In the Southeast section of your home/office, display some items colored in green. You can also paint the wall in green or hang some green colored curtains or drapes, as long as it does not seem odd and out of place there. Top of page
Feng Tips on Fame
It is said that everybody has his or her 15 minutes of fame. For some, fame stares them in the eyes every minute of the day. Celebrities, politicians, socialites, and rich tycoons - they are always in the limelight. Reputation and fame is of great importance to them as they represent an image of their company or the industry. Sometimes there can be severe damage to reputations caused by scandals, lawsuits, convictions and gossiping. Here is how you can avoid having your reputation tarnished using Feng Shui .
1) Find out your Kua number and your best directions. Sleep with your head pointed at your 'Sheng Chi' direction.
2) If your career depends a lot on good reputation and fame, renovate your house so that the main door faces your 'Sheng Chi' direction.
3) If the main door of your house opens to large and imposing building on the opposite street or the edge of a large building, by all means move out of hang a Pa Kua to soften the effect of the 'shar qi'.
4) According to the 8 Life Aspirations, the South section governs Fame and Recognition. The element of South is fire and the color is red. If possible, paint this section of your house a lovely shade of bright red or hang some red drapes there.
5) Wood produces Fire, so you can energize the fire element with wood element. Place some wood furniture in the South section of your home or office. You can also keep a candle burning there and hang a painting with red color. Do not place any water feature in this section (such as aquariums) as it will drown the natural fire element.
6) According to the Flying Star school of Feng Shui, we are now living in the period of 7 (1984 - 2003). For this period the bad luck star of number 5 is located in the East. Avoid sleeping in a room in the East section of your house, for it brings backstabbers and gossiping. Top of page
Feng Tips on Family
Children are indeed a blessing and add joy to one's household. In ancient times, a family was regarded as incomplete without children. Many ways were utilized so that couples were successful in their bids for children. However like many youngsters, children can get out of hand sometimes. Applying Feng Shui can help you enhance your relationship with your children, understanding their needs therefore strengthening family ties.
1) If you wish to enhance relationship with your children, sleep with your head pointed at your 'Nien Yin' direction. You can find out the direction using your Kua number. Sleeping in this position will help bring you closer with your children and strengthen family ties.
2) The main door also plays a vital role in Feng Shui. If you have been trying for children or your offspring are getting out of hand, check if there is any offending man-made structure that is sending out harmful poison arrows towards your main door.
3) According to the 8 Life Aspirations, children and descendants are governed by West. The element of West is Small Metal and the colors are Gold, Silver and White. Metal is produced by Earth and is destroyed by Fire. Avoid having any major Fire or Water element in this section of your home.
4) If the West section is missing in your home, you can install a bright light or a mirror to partially remedy this problem. You can also activate the West section of your bedroom as well.
5) Colors are also beneficial in attracting good 'chi'. In the Southeast section of your home/office, display some items in white, silver or gold. Some silverware or trophies should do just fine.
6) Do not let your child sleep with his/her head positioned on the same wall as a toilet. This harmful position will cause your child to be distracted from studies and ultimately have bad luck.
Feng Shui Tips on Health
All the money and diamonds in the world cannot buy good health. Happiness cannot be fully experienced without good health. In fact, good health and longevity tops the wish list of millions of people.
Besides the modern medicine prescription to gaining good health, there are ways in Feng Shui to keep one fit and well. Here are a few steps to achieving good health.
1) If you are looking to improving your health, sleep with your head pointed at your personal Tien-Yi (Heavenly Doctor) direction according to your Kua number.
2) Do not sleep facing a mirror. The water element of the mirror will cause ill health. Avoid having any water feature in the bedroom such as aquariums, paintings of rivers and lakes or televisions.
3) Avoid sleeping in a room where a toilet or washing machine is located upstairs.
4) Sleeping underneath an exposed overhead beam will cause headaches, depending on where the beam 'hits'.
5) Avoid sleeping in a room located at the end of a long corridor, or the door opens directly to a staircase. The strong flow of energy will bring illness to the occupants.
6) Look out also for sharp edges and protruding corners that send out harmful poison arrows.
7) Energize the East section of your home. East represents Health and Longevity - the color of East is dark green and the element is wood. If the East section of your home is located in the living room, dining room or a room that is not used as a bedroom, place some live potted plants or furniture made of real wood to activate the corner.
8) Enhance your health by doing some Chinese exercises such as Chi-Kung and Tai-Chi.